Followers

About Me

My photo
Scottish seed potato merchants who supply the UK horticultural market with top quality seed to grow in their gardens or allotments. We supply garden centres and allotment societies aswell as selling direct to the public.

Sunday 1 March 2009

Potato Days

Well I went to my first potato day at Kelso which was run by the Border Organic club.
I had given them a supply of my own unique vintage potatoes and they all were sold out in less than an hour so I was happy with the result. I bought a few tubers of unusual varieties to try myself in some of my grower bags to see if they would be worthy of adding to my stock list.
I also had a great chat with Alan Romans and he will be coming down to see us very soon. The last time I met Alan I was only knee high to a grass hopper and we were filling his car and trailer with our potatoes for him to take back up the road.

We are having our own potato day at Garden wise of Dumfries on Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th of March where there will be 50 varieties to buy by the tuber so feel free to come along and enjoy the day with us and ask any questions you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment