Followers

About Me

My photo
Scottish seed potato merchants who supply the UK horticultural market with top quality seed to grow in their gardens or allotments. We supply garden centres and allotment societies aswell as selling direct to the public.

Saturday 18 April 2009

Garden potatoes


I planted my exhibition potatoes in the garden today.

It was so easy to do.

I dug a 4" deep trench that is the width of my shovel and broke the soil up at the bottom.

I then added fertilizer to the base of the trench and forked it in.

The potato bags were then put in place and the soil was filled back in around the bags and finally I gave them a heavy watering.

The potato bags have holes cut in the bottom of them to allow the root system to use the fertilizer that I have added to the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment