Followers

About Me

My photo
Scottish seed potato merchants who supply the UK horticultural market with top quality seed to grow in their gardens or allotments. We supply garden centres and allotment societies aswell as selling direct to the public.

Sunday 22 March 2009

Busy day in the greenhouse

Hard at work today preparing my peat for planting my exhibition seed potatoes. I put my peat through a shredder and add 16oz of Vitax Q4 qnd 12oz of calcified seaweed to the mix as it comes out of the shredder. I have 17litre polypots that I fill with this mixture and I use a white marker pen to write the name of the variety on the bag. I leave the mix for a week then I put my chitted potatoes into the bags. I leave just the 2 strongest chits on the potato and remove all the rose end chits with a sharp knife.
I hope to make it to a few shows this year and have a small display of potatoes for people to view. Does anyone else grow to show?

No comments:

Post a Comment